Thursday, May 5, 2016

garden roses, door sign, applique cats from March, Pat C's quilt finished, Cookie & Elsie



Michael left super early for golf on Wednesday (5/4), but not before he left me a present in the kitchen:


I decided that Wednesday was “finishing” day for me.  First up, my door sign…totally finished:   




















 

Of course I had to do something with a quilt on it....right?  I’m not going to give it to Pat until after Friday…since we have company coming for dinner and I want to use it.  Next up, trimming the embroideries and putting the borders on the second cat from MARCH  :~(.   

 
using the spindle on my thread rack is really working well!


one border...

two borders....

three borders....

and all 4...




 I totally missed doing my cats for April…gotta get on the stick in May. 

Next up?  I did the last of the quilting, burying bobbin ends and trimming of a customer quilt:

for a granddaughter going to Univ of Tenn


And finally...my honey wanted a flashy, gold ascot type scarf for his character in an upcoming play...here he is...with his "play" hairstyle no less:


 I did stop for lunch during the day and a disgruntled Cookie looked back at me from my chair:

 Guess Elsie got the prize spot first yet again:



For dinner I’m once again in the mode of “I’m grabbing something out of the freezer and thawing it out…and once we figure out what it is, we’re eating it”, because as you might remember, I am the QUEEN of "of course I'll remember what's in this container...so I don't have to label it".  So, tonight it was a beef soup/stew thing that I vaguely remember making quite awhile ago.  I am DETERMINED to defrost my garage freezer this summer.  After dinner, I put together more ham & cheese rolls for quilting tomorrow.  I rolled out my whole wheat dough (the other 1/2 of the dough I made on Monday) and layered thinly sliced ham on it:   


Then layered the swiss cheese:  

 After that, it was roll it up tightly, jelly roll fashion, cut and place in my greased pan:


I’ll probably make the sauce for the rolls tomorrow morning.  By then it was almost 7:30 and I SKYPED with Janice for over an hour.  After that I settled in to watch TV with my honey and clean out my knitting bag/purse....whew....it has been getting REALLY messy, but now it looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.