Monday, May 2, 2016

oxalis before & after, pancakes & bacon, Jan



Happy May Day!!!  We had a horrific hail and thunder storm Saturday night….good thing I took a picture of the oxalis the other day:

this is what it looks like now:  





Michael asked if we could have bacon and pancakes for breakfast on Sunday (5/1), so that’s what we did:  

 We also had an unexpected and very welcome visitor for breakfast:

 After breakfast I did manage to get 2 more rows done on Sandy’s quilt before Susan picked us (and Jim) up at 1 PM to head into Charlotte for Actor’s Theatre.  We saw FLY BY NIGHT…a year in the lives of 6 people in NYC, from November of 1964 to November of 1965 (when there was a huge blackout in the northeast).  Although the play was very long (2-1/2 hours), I never felt like it dragged and it was totally interesting how they brought everything together in the end.  We stopped at our local MAMA’s pizzeria on the way home (yum….manicotti for me and eggplant parmesan for Michael).  I had hoped to do the last 2 rows on Sandy’s quilt, but there was another thunder and lightning storm brewing, and I didn’t feel safe plugging in my machine (our house has been struck once before :~(…so we both just read our books until bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.