Tuesday, May 24, 2016

closet cleaning, mint

Michael was up early Monday morning (5/23) to eat a good breakfast before I dropped him off for his golfing trip.  He has been invited 2 years in a row to go to Pinehurst with 11 other guys from Pod "Q".  I am SO GLAD that this trip was AFTER the play….so he doesn’t have to worry or think about anything.  I was home in time for a 9 AM meeting at my house.  We had a quick meeting about posters and Volunteer drives at the Lake House, and luckily everyone was gone before 10.  I like to do a special project when Michael goes away, and I have 2 in mind….one sewing…one cleaning.  The sewing one will be a secret until it is done (hopefully in less than a week), but I’ll be taking pictures of the cleaning one :~).  Anyway, I headed to my studio to iron fabric and begin to cut strips for my project.  I spent the entire day there and it was heaven!  I got about 1/2 of my strips cut and got through the first 2 hucky steps of the project....it should be clear sailing for the next couple of days.  I spent all day sewing and finally headed upstairs in the late afternoon.  The shelves in our bedroom closet are a total mess, and I decided that was going to be the cleaning project while Michael is away.  So far, I’ve gone from this:


to this: 



After that I had some pasta salad for dinner, and when I took Cookie out I decided I had to get a picture of my mint plant.  I buy a mint plant every year just for this yummy orzo salad I make over the summer.  Last year Michael threw out my mint plant when it was done..and it seeded itself all along the front of the house.  A couple of weeks ago I asked him to dig out some sprigs for me to plant in a pot on the front porch.  They looked really sad after I planted them and I wasn’t sure there was nearly enough to pick when I needed it…but it has exploded: 




I love how it looks.  Anyway, after dinner I sewed until 9 PM, then finally came upstairs and watched a bit of TV before bed

1 comment:

  1. So what happened to the 'stuff' on the shelves ? Your flowers are fabulous !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.