Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Sandy's quilt finished, beginning of my bed quilt, ham & cheese rolls



I was almost out of flour (horrors!), so Michael took off for BJ’s Monday morning (5/2) with 20 pounds of flour on the list (they sell it in 10 pound bags…which is great considering how quickly I go through it :~).  I finished the last 2 rows of Sandy’s quilt first thing in the morning, then got it off of the frame to be trimmed (she came to pick it up in the afternoon):





 I also did a 3rd row of fabrics on some of my “empty drawer” (hereafter to be known as my bed quilt) blocks:  


 I cut out 90 muslin squares, at 10-1/2 inches.  I am sewing and flipping fabric onto the muslin squares.  At this point all 90 squares have the center strip on (which will be the same fabric for all of the blocks), and one other strip.  I have 9 squares that have 3 strips of fabric (as you can see in the picture).  I will only work on these squares when I finish another project that uses teal/purple/blue.  I will cut the leftovers of those projects into strips and sew them onto my muslin bases.  I know it will take awhile to get these blocks done, but I don’t want to buy any new fabric for them…I just want to use the leftovers from other projects…that’s why I needed an empty drawer to store these squares.  By then it was lunchtime and I started to load up my next customer quilt.  I didn’t get very far on that before it was time to go upstairs to make dough.  I found a new recipe for these ham & cheese roll up things, that I was HOT to make, so I made whole wheat dough and left it to rise as I ate lunch and read my book, then I put together my “rolls”:   
 
they get a yummy sauce added on top before baking



Of course I didn’t get a picture of them once they were baked, but they were a big hit and I will make the same thing this Thursday for quilting…hopefully I’ll remember to take a pic then.  After that it was time to get cleaned up and head out.  My friend’s husband was on a trip, so she decided to have a ladies night….it was terrific.  Everyone brought a heavy appetizer and the food was AWESOME!  We talked and talked and talked….I didn’t know most of the ladies…but one of them actually gradulated from IUP!!!!!!  My alma mater…..neither one of us could believe it.  We were all home just after 9:30 and I continued to read my book until bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Love Sandy's quilt and your quilting is the perfect compliment! Hope she enters it in next year's Quilt Show!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.