Friday, May 20, 2016

BG quilts!, Paula & Cookie, Paula & Mary Jo, Cookie, Elvie & Bryce, a birthday!



Despite going to bed after mid-night on Wednesday night, I was up by 5:30 AM on Thursday morning.  (Michael was up at FIVE!!!  to leave at 7 AM for a golf tournament).  I put the time to good use and got my blog entry done and ran all of my emails before Michael left for golf at 7 AM.  BG was up shortly afterwards and we had a bite to eat and talked until Mary Jo got up.  Mary Jo did a great job of getting all of the fabric boxes out of the living area before we left for quilting.  Originally we had planned to stay for awhile, but BG brought 4 quilts to be done and we hadn’t done a stitch at this point….so we greeted everyone, stayed for just a bit, then hit the road for home (after a stop at the library and the grocery store).  We got the first quilt loaded up and BG took off:

pinning on the backing

basting

watching it go!
 I was sewing on my blocks while BG was quilting and finally finished them.  Paula came for a visit:
Cookie LOVES Paula!
and she and Mary Jo started to lay them out for me:

2 artistic minds at work

this is boring, when is dad coming home?




























By dinnertime BG's first quilt was done, and she and Mary Jo put dinner together (Tailgator hotdogs and sides….YUM!), while I set up the program for the second quilt.  After dinner we picked up Paula and headed to the Lake House to see my honey in a performing arts club play called FOUR WEDDINGS AND AN ELVIS.  The play was cute, and my honey look FABULOUS: 

Elvis & my honey...:"Bryce"

striking his "signature" pose




































When we came home, we got out 4 cupcakes and lit birthday candles for Mary Jo’s birthday!!!   

BG went to bed after we ate, Mary Jo and I stayed up until 1 AM before finally hitting the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.