Monday, April 16, 2018

The Everly Brothers Experience

When Michael and I go to bed, we shut our bedroom doors so that the kitties cannot come into the bedroom overnight.  In the first place we don’t want them waking us up, but more importantly they are so small I am afraid we will crush them if they jump up on the bed while we are asleep.  When we open the doors in the morning….they are always RIGHT THERE, waiting to run into the bedroom and play.  On Sunday morning (4/15) Michael and I just lay in bed, watching them race up and down their kitty tree.  It is so fun just to watch them play!  Eventually we got up and Michael headed out to the grocery store for just a few things, while I got my blog out.


We had breakfast on the lanair 















and read for quite awhile before beginning the rest of our day.  I headed down to my studio and decided what to work on.  I guess I’m in a finishing mood (always a good thing!)  I finished off the last of the butterflies yesterday and decided today was the day to finally bind Vortex…and since I am getting very low on my puzzle fabric, I cut enough to bind black Vortex as well (you know…..all of the blocks were finished on retreat with Pat: 


but it is not yet sewn together).  I cut and sewed my binding: 


and 19 yards later the binding was ready to go!  


After that I got a label kicked off:  


Shortly after I took that picture, my thread got caught up in the spindle and my needle broke and ruined the embroidery as well as putting a hole in it: 















so I had to start all over again.  Fortunately there were no more mishaps and it was soon finished:  


While this was going on I had kitty company (Michael and Cookie were out taking a walk) and after they played on the cat tree and raced back and forth, it was time for a nap:  


















I also started the quilting on the FPF Patriotic:   


With still 3 more rows of quilting to go in the late afternoon, I shut off and unplugged my machine as there were tornado warnings all around and a horrific storm.  Michael and I left at 6:30 (luckily the rain had let up considerably) to meet up with Paula & Doug and Jan and several other people for THE EVERLY BROTHERS EXPERIENCE, a wonderful show up at the Lodge.  






Paula arranged everything and even brought a YUMMY dessert for all of us:  

this was SO creamy!!!
The show was terrific and when Michael and I got home around 9:30, we just read for a bit before bed.

Daily dose of cuteness....2 videos of the kitties....don't forget, these won't come through on the email.  Click on the title at the top of the email to go directly to the blog to see the videos:




2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh! Back to normal! Great multi tasking- sewing while videoing! Is there anything you can’t do? ��. AM143

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best blog ever!! i love U

    Me

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.