Sunday, April 15, 2018

Cranberry/Orange Muffins, lucy & Ethel


I was up early Saturday (4/14) to get 24 Cranberry/Orange muffins made for Cooking Fingers to sell at the craft fair (along with a note so that people knew what was in them):  















Michael and I had a fairly well choreographed routine with me getting the muffins ready and into the oven while he made his normal spinach/mushroom/cheese omelet before heading out for golf.  Our new furry babies played and played and then collapsed for a nap in a new place:  















It has been wicked hard to get pictures, let alone videos of them lately….they have become SO FAST and dash here and there way too quickly for me to follow  :~).  I ran the muffins up to the Lodge at 9:30 (after almost dumping all of them on the floor!!!  I had them in a Xerox box lid; I opened the door to the garage and took one step forward at which point the box lid ran into the door frame and pushed hard against my upper arm and I stumbled.  I can’t believe I managed to right the lid before everything hit the floor!!!) and then settled into my studio.  First up was finishing off the (hopefully) last 2 butterflies:  




Now it's up to Michael to figure out where to place them on the convergence quilt.  Next, I finished cutting what I think is the last of the squares to make my HST’s:  


Next I loaded my newly flattened batting on my fleece and got a Quilt of Valor loaded up and basted:  


I do have another customer quilt to get done, but with all of my tension problems lately, I wanted to get it right on one of my own before tackling another customer quilt.  Lucy and Ethel have slowly been getting more familiar with the kitty tree downstairs as well:


















But eventually they collapsed again:














By the time I finished basting, my honey was home with an 84 from the golf course and we retired to the lanair with our furry babies and books for several hours.  Michael had a salad for dinner and I just skipped it as I knew he was making popcorn for our TV watching.  We snuggled on the couch, watching our furry babies play and watching TV as well for the rest of the night.

Weight Report = Lucy is at 2 pounds 11 ounces  and Ethel is at 2 pounds 7 ounces.  Ethel refused her food several times this week…Michael did a test and now it seems that Ethel really likes the dry food and no longer likes the wet food.  So we will switch her over to mostly dry this week and see if she gains more weight.

Daily Dose of cute: a short video of the girls playing on the basement cat tree:



1 comment:

  1. Got my fix! Well done. The butterflies came out nicely. Can’t wait to see Michael’s artistic touch. AM143

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.