Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Show & Tell at MESIG, tutorial on butternut squash ravioli


Michael left at 7:15 AM on Monday (4/16) to golf in Chester.  The guys decided to have breakfast on the road before golfing as there is a nice café right on the way.  It took me a long time to get my blog out…partially because I had lots of pictures…but also because Ethel would NOT leave me alone and it takes too long to type with just one hand while snuggling a wiggling kitty!  But eventually she got tired of playing and they both took a nap:  


And I even managed to get some laundry going before taking a shower and sitting down on the phone with Paula to try to score reservations to the Greenway restaurant at CPCC.  As soon as we were done Paula came down with a quilt to talk over backing and binding options.  When she left I started working on a new embroidery.  It took almost 1-1/2 hours to stitch out, and I don’t think I selected the right colors for it….but I’m going to do some backstitching in black on my regular machine and then I’ll post a picture of it.  By then I had to run out the door for a Machine Embroidery class.  Pat did a demo on embroidering on ‘pleather’: 




and of course we had lots of show and tell:  

















































When I got home my honey was there, putting his score of 86 into the computer.  We talked for a bit before heading upstairs to start dinner.  We made the butternut squash ravioli:  

I sauteed a large onion in sage butter/olive oil:


Added in a large diced zucchini:


Picked more sage from the front garden pot to add in:















Michael was cooking the ravioli in the microwave and poured it in after draining:


Then it was TOSS!  TOSS!  and load into bowls....yum!! 

I headed to my studio for a couple of hours after dinner and got the last 3 rows done on the FPF patriotic 


before heading back upstairs to trim more HST’s.

Janice sent me another pic of her backyard yesterday...I have to admit, our weather here in SC has been up and down, but at least we don't have this on April 15th:



2 comments:

  1. If you snagged a reservation at the Greenway -can I put in for your lottery of who gets your lucky invitations? 😋. AM143

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should make them want to get to SC sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.