Saturday, April 7, 2018

quilt stitch, Loree's class, Mary Jo's sewing & kitty video

I got my blog out Friday morning (4/6) before leaving to attend a meeting of my old ‘lifestyle’ committee.  I found out lots of information (most of which I didn’t like!) before getting home around 11 AM.  Michael headed out on errands, while I headed downstairs to tackle quilting once again.  I had another short ripping session after starting (mercifully short) and FINALLY got things going in the right direction.  I don’t know if you remember the theme of this quilt, but there is a big fishing panel in the middle of it.  I sent a picture of a potential quilting stitch, 


and Mary Ann loved it, so that’s what I used.  By 8 PM the quilting was all done and I did the happy dance!  

Michael left around 6 PM for a party with the ‘four weddings and an Elvis’ people and he knew I wanted to stay home and finish the quilt.  When I was finally finished quilting, I pulled together 12 fabrics and cut out 48 squares for a class Loree is teaching next Thursday.  


Here's her quilt...I just LOVE it:


I finally headed upstairs to watch a bit of TV and Michael got home around 11 PM.

Mary Jo sent me a couple of things she has been working on....here's a patriotic table runner in colors not as bright as mine....it's lovely:


Just using some tans instead of creams or whites would tone down my quilts quite a bit I think.  She is also in a round robin and finishes 4 blocks per month for that...here is her latest effort:


Daily dose of cuteness, another video of Ethel.  Remember, you will NEVER be able to see the videos in the email you get, but if you click on the TITLE at the top of the email (you can see it's a link, it should be underlined), it will take you to the blog entry and you can scroll down and then watch the video.  

And if you've missed a lot of them, just click on this link:

http://foodandfiberfloozie.blogspot.com/

and scroll down and watch each video.  When you get to the bottom of each screen, just click on 'older posts' to see all of them!






1 comment:

  1. Very cute selection on the quilting design for the fisherman's quilt ! mjNct

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.