Friday, April 20, 2018

SHQ show & tell, totally finished Vortex


Michael was up and out of the house before 7:30 AM on Thursday (4/19), while I had time to even do a bit of sewing before leaving for quilting.  For some reason there was a TON of food brought in for people!  I should have taken a picture…there were 3 different kinds of brownies (I took in ours), 2 of them with frosting, strawberries, melon, lemon pound cake and some kind of yellow cake with pink frosting..it was crazy!!  I got 12 more blocks done from Loree’s class last week:


so I’m 1/2 way done with the blocks.  We had great show and tell:  

Sandy with another beauty

look at Sandy's HST's!!!  I believe they finish at 1'' square...WOW!


June finished her squares from Loree's class and made a table runner

another finished top from our charity day

Loree's pieced out quilt...see what you started Janice!

And I finally got to show my totally finished Vortex:  



I got home around 2:30 and my honey was out on the lanair, so I took my book out to join him.  You'll see the 2 kitty videos below...eventually after they were done playing...they just collapsed:















We read until 4-ish, then headed downstairs.  BG called to say that everything went well with her cataract surgery so that was really good.  She only has to have one eye done right now.  She took one of my patriotic quilt patterns and made it with fall leaves...don't you love it?


I have been looking around for a new project to start (mostly because I am procrastinating about quilting the convergence quilt  :~), and I have finally settled on a Hunter’s Star quilt.  BG made one awhile ago and the pattern is just beautiful.  I am doing it, but of course am altering the size of the squares.  BG’s HST (1/2 square triangles) were 2-3/4’’ unfinished…I told her she was crazy to go that small (of course that IS what the pattern called for).  I was going to do mine at 4-1/2 ‘’, but decided that was too big, so I dropped back to 3-1/2’’.  I have my background fabric all picked out, and just need to decide on colors to go with it.  


I thought I was getting close to finishing up the HST’s for my next Thursday project (the one Michael drew out a pattern for me…remember:  


but it looks like for the Hunter’s Star I’m going to be trimming and pressing HST's for a long time yet  :~).  We had leftover pizza for dinner and I eventually dragged myself away from sewing and headed upstairs to continue trimming and pressing and watching TV with my honey.

Daily Dose of Cute:  videos I took while everyone was out on the lanair:




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the colors for the Hunters Star quilt - though I have no idea what the pattern is! Can’t wait to see that one finished! Lucy won the wrestling match throwing Ethel,off the ‘mat’ and then racing over to Michael to share her victory, 🤩 AM143

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.