Monday, April 9, 2018

Diane's quilt, meatloaf, cookies


We headed out to the ‘pancakes house’ aka IHOP early Sunday morning (4/8) and when we got home at 10 AM we headed to our respective computers.  I got my blog out before forcing myself to head back to Miss Scarlett.  I did a couple of extra tests (which actually I had no confidence in, since I had tested out the pattern on Saturday and it worked great on the test, but then messed up on the actual quilt), and kicked off the actual quilting after a few more tweaks…holding my breath the entire time.  I got a good first row and kept on praying and going  :~).  The fabric for the top and back is VERY thin…and the batting is polyester (something I don’t normally quilt with), so I’m assuming that’s what threw the machine off.  But why that should be so when I am 100% sure that my regular sewing machine would have stitched perfectly with the new fabrics with NO problems….I can’t tell you.  I finished the quilting, got it off of the frame and cleaned up and started in on the binding.  I decided to do Janice’s binding (fold over the backing), but couldn’t get the corners right.  Luckily she was available to SKYPE with me, and had her able cameraman Dennis aim her KINDLE at her hands while she showed me how to fold  :~).  I had it all pinned and sewn by dinnertime.  


My honey made a terrific meatloaf, and dinner (with leftover potato/carrot mash) was wonderful.  















Paula popped down after dinner…I was baking cookies for Michael to take on his 2 day golfing trip (yes, they are GINORMOUS...measured out with my quarter cup measure)


and I invited her down for a warm cookie and so that we could discuss CALL THE MIDWIFE, since I was caught up on all of the episodes.  Eventually THE MASTERS was over and my honey and I and all of the furry kids snuggled on the couch and watched a bit of TV before bed.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.