Wednesday, April 25, 2018

breakfast, quilts trimmed, pineapple wall hanging


For some reason, even though we were up very late the night before, I was awake at 6 AM on Tuesday (4/24) and felt like I had loads of energy, so I hopped right up!  I had tons of emails and a long blog entry, but got that all typed and posted by 8 AM.  After that I worked on getting my 2 Quilts of Valor off of Miss Scarlett.  Michael left at 8:30 for breakfast with his buddies…and when he came home with 1/2 a serving of home fries, he put some cheese on top, added an egg and voila…breakfast for me:  


I worked on cleaning up the 2 quilts and making a new butterfly for the rest of the day.  I don’t have binding made for the first quilt finished:  


But I do have it for the second one:  


So as soon as the butterfly was finished (I wanted to change the order of the colors on the pink one so that Michael had some choices when he goes to arrange them): 


















I programmed a label and started to sew on the binding.  Larry (Michael’s movie buddy) just got home today from a long trip and didn’t feel like going to the movies tonight, so Michael and I had movie and date night at home.  Of course we opened champagne (served with strawberries), and Michael made popcorn.  We had hoped to watch MRS PETTIGREW LIVES FOR A DAY, which we were both convinced we owned…but we couldn’t find it  :~(, and we settled in around 8 PM to watch STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT.  It was a wonderful evening…I even got some HST’s ironed  :~).

I know I showed you some pineapple blocks from Mary Jo the other day, and she asked me if I had ever made them.  I made a folded pineapple wall hanging which we gave to friends before leaving Connecticut...but I couldn't even remember what it looked like!  Don kindly sent me a picture of it...someday I'd like to make another:


And I have more art from Arizona Mary....a nice wall hanging:















I have one more set of pictures before we get to the DDoC.  June S (she of the recent digitizing help and former bread student) made pinta bread, which her hubby pronounced delicious:















And now, your Daily Dose of Cuteness....2 videos of Lucy & Ethel playing (remember, they won't come through on the email...just click on the title to go directly to the blog to see them):

and one more:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.