Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Dinner

Happy Easter!!!!  Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (4/1), while I got my blog out.  I had lots of adorable videos of ‘the girl’s’!  After that I got a customer quilt basted:  















There was some free-for-the-taking batting pieces at Scrap Happy last Thursday and it is the same kind I use so I scooped it right up:  



I managed to get that pieced together for dog/cat beds at the shelter before heading back upstairs to get ready for our Easter company.  This is what we have started doing when we feed Cookie, otherwise 'the girls' run in and try to eat her food!!















Michael was busy making potato/carrot mash, so I got the ham in the oven and made roll dough.  There were 11 of us for dinner and everyone picked a card which indicated seating in the kitchen, or out on the lanair.  We swiped that trick from Ralph and Candyce and it worked really well!  I think everyone had a good time 

Michael & George

Pat, Edie, Susan

Anne (our future dog/kitty/house sitter)

Pat & Phil

Evelyn & Anne

Candyce
















































































and enjoyed the food…it was great…of course I didn’t even think to get pictures until after everyone was done:  




















Someone made quite a friend, who was content to sit on her lap for at least 1/2 an hour:



We were alone by 6 PM and I went downstairs to try to get something going, but Michael and I were both exhausted and ended up just watching a bit of TV and going to bed early.  

***Michael’s Movie Review ***  GAME NIGHT = stars Jason Bateman.  You know the set up…three couples meet regularly to play games, board games, card games, pictionary, etc.  One couple’s brother shows up one night to put a twist on things.  He offers a mystery kidnapping game – except everything goes wrong when a read kidnapping takes place.  This comedy then turns dark, but very funnily dark.  There is some violence and blood, but the wacky characters carry it off so well you don’t mind.  Lots of other twists and turns keep this fast paced movie exciting and funny!  Michael gives it 5 fat quarters out of 5!!  

My friend Inez from Florida sent me a few pictures from her Easter dinner…she had SEVENTEEN people over and gave me credit for part of her decorating…those table runners you see were made by me  :~):





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.