Friday, April 13, 2018

Class & Show & Tell at SHQ


Thursday (4/13) was a very full day.  Michael packed the car for me and I headed out to quilting.  Loree was teaching a class and our group was pretty excited to take it:  















We cut our first set of squares and got to sewing…I got 12 squares (of 48 done), and definitely learned some things along the way.  My next 6 sets of squares will be sorted differently, but I am still happy with the completed ones (although I'm only showing the top block from each 'set', each block in the set is different):


so this project will keep me busy for several weeks definitely.  

We had a bit of show and tell:  

Mary Ann finished from a class a couple of weeks ago

I LOVE these embroideries

a geneology quilt from Susie


















and I left just before 2 PM to hit the library and then the hair dressers to get my hair done.  Michael came up while I was there to get his hair trimmed, and shortly after I got home (around 5 PM), we headed out to dinner in Pineville.  I had a coupon for Buca di Beppo and our meal was wonderful…but we had a ton of leftovers.  When we got home I got over 4 yards of fleece loaded on Miss Scarlett, but I am at the end of my batting roll and my batting is VERY wrinkled.  AT 8 PM I posted a question about it on FB, and then headed upstairs to watch TV and veg.

Last year Loree gave us several dark purple iris bulbs, and one of them is blooming…it is stunning:




And here's your daily dose of cute:

a beautiful family

AJ & dad

When I was on retreat with Pat, one of her Chicago friends (Nancy), gave me a bag of partially put together blocks.  She said she knew she wasn't going to finish it, and also knew that I do a lot of charity work, so she thought I would like it.  It has been sitting under my long arm ever since...and last week I was complaining to Janice on SKYPE that I didn't think I'd ever really dive into it.  Janice suggested taking it to Scrap Happy Quilting to see if anyone was interested in it.  I took it last week and Jerri L said she'd take it.  Well, this week she brought in the finished top:


She ripped apart most of the blocks to arrange the color differently...she really is incredible at getting things done!!!  This will become a Prayers & Squares quilt, to be given out to someone in ill health who needs to know that people care.  I think Nancy would be pleased  :~).

4 comments:

  1. Do you realize how many days we have gone with no had no picks of Cookie or the babies? But whose counting? (7) You spoiled us these last few weeks! Iris Is beautiful, AJ is adorable but I am partial to the fury part of the family! 🐾 AM143

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear, are you truly visiting this site daily, if so afterward you will absolutely take pleasant know-how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friends, its wonderful post about educationand fully explained, keep it up all
    the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up, just wanted to mention, I liked this blog post.

    It was helpful. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.