Sunday, April 22, 2018

kitties, bread, new card, MJ's blocks


Michael was up and out early on Saturday morning (4/21) for golf here at SCCL and I was up and down the basement stairs half a dozen times before finally settling in downstairs.  Unfortunately I can’t say I got anything done as I just played and snuggled Lucy & Ethel all morning!  Well, they’re only babies for a little while…..right?  Paula called around 11:30 to head out for the ‘shredding event’ at the Lake House, so we took our shredding up to the truck and delivered a cookie to a friend before heading back.  My babies were in their bedroom tree once again:  





















but when I headed back downstairs to keep crafting….I had company:  















I sewed for a bit on the new Hunter’s Star quilt, and when Michael got home at 3 from golf (with an 87) I finally put the bread in the oven (I had made the dough in the morning, but did everything with cold liquid to slow it down.  I didn’t want to bake it until he got home!)  I thought it came out particularly well.....like something that could have gone in a magazine:















Phil and Gail came over to share some bread when it came out of the oven and they eventually took home our extra 1/2 a loaf.  Phil fixed the timer on our front sprinklers (it kept leaking) and they also went home with a Quilt of Valor.  Phil’s brother is a veteran and is very active in helping all veterans especially returning ones.  He lives in Greenville SC, and next time Phil and Gale visit they will take a Quilt of Valor for him, wrapped in one of Paula's net bags….I’m excited one of my quilts will go to someone I kinda know (friendship-wise anyway).  Michael and I had scallop stuffed shells for dinner and I got another pile of HST’s trimmed & pressed while we watched TV.


My honey's been busy with his pens again and is welcoming spring with a new card:


And Mary Jo has been working on pineapple blocks (I love these):


Her guild is putting together a raffle quilt for the church where they meet.  

Weight Report:                 Ethel                Lucy
                       
                      22-Apr     2 lb 13 oz          3 lb 2 oz
                      15-Apr      2 lb 7 oz           2 lb 11 oz
                      8-Apr       2 lb 6 oz           2 lb 8 oz
                      1-Apr        2 lb 3 oz           2 lb 4 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.