Thursday, April 26, 2018

Mexican dinner, Janice's horse mural, AJ at 13 months


I was up and out early on Wednesday (4/25) to hit the grocery store and get split pea soup in the crockpot before SKYPE-ing with Janice at 9 AM.  Michael was also up and out early with an 8:30 tee time here at SCCL.  Janice and I talked for about 1-1/2 hours, then I headed out to meet Pat at Diane’s for a bit more pricing of her sewing/quilting stuff.  I came home, packed up embroidery stuff and headed back out to Pat’s.  I need 1 – 2 large butterflies for the convergence quilt, but my embroidery hoops are not large enough, so Pat graciously said I could do them at her house.  We got one wing started…but when it got to the satin stitch at the end, and Pat said it was going to be stitching for 68 minutes, I headed home.  Michael was home from golfing by then and we sat on the lanair and talked for a bit, then read our books.  I finally headed downstairs and spent a bunch of time cleaning up my studio and putting things away.  I got the split pea soup into containers (for Bryce and Ginny & Ken and Gale & Phil) before leaving for dinner.  We picked up Gale & Phil at 5 PM and headed out…wait for it….wait for it….   


















Can you believe what is on that plate?  My honey, not only going to a Mexican Restaurant, but actually EATING something Mexican?!!?!??!  I have no idea what has happened to my honey, but it was a wonderful meal and we were all stuffed when we got home.  I spent a couple of hours in my studio, sewing together all of the leftover batting and fleece from the 2 patriotic quilts, and finishing stitching out my first label: 


then finally settled in to watch TV with my honey around 8:30 PM.  I even got the first set of HST’s for the Hunter’s Star quilt fully pressed:


I have several more pictures you just have to see.  As I may have mentioned, my Connecticut friends Janice & Dennis are hoping to retire to North Carolina in the next year or so.  To that end, they have been sprucing up their house and getting a variety of jobs done.  Janice & Dennis are recent empty nesters, so one of the main things Janice has been doing is sanding, spackling and painting the girl's rooms.  Apparently Janice was a horse crazy gal growing up, as was her daughter Jennifer.  So, Janice had decorated Jennifer's room with a horse theme.  Although I have known Janice for decades....I never realized what an excellent artist she is....I am sad that this piece of art bit the dust in the house remodel:


And to me, it's one thing to draw something on a piece of paper...and quite another skill to have it look so beautiful and realistic as a wall mural!!!

And last....your DDoC (Daily Dose of Cutenes)...here's AJ at 13 months:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.