Wednesday, April 11, 2018

new butterfly wings, clean up on cutting table


I was up at 7 AM on Tuesday (4/10) and got everyone fed before heading to my studio.  The butterflies on my convergence blend in too much, so I started embroidering a couple with black ‘leading’ to see how they would show up.  Since they were both going to be out of the same fabric, I gussied one up with a silver metallix 'spider web' affect:


















While they were stitching out, I dropped back to stitching on leftover batting/backing.  Over the course of the day my cutting table went from this: 



to this:  


with a tidy pile of batting and backing sewn into larger strips and ready to be put together for dog/cat beds at the shelter.  (and yes, I really do need to get the binding and lable on Vortex!!!) 

Michael got home from his trip to Sanford, NC (with a stop to play in Monroe on the way home) around 4 PM and said he had a wonderful time, was low man both days and that the guys were TOTALLY appreciative of the cookies  :~).  He got cleaned up, ate dinner and headed out to pick up Larry for the movies.  I went through my stash of orphan blocks and leftover strips and ends and put together a pillow top to go with the Tuscan quilt.  


I couldn’t finish it because I need a 14’’ brown zipper for the back…so that will have to wait until I am near Joann’s.  After that I headed upstairs to work on the never ending HST’s!

****MMR – Michael’s Movie Review (from LAST week)***
READY PLAYER ONE – if you loved 80’s music, culture and video games, you’ll love and understand this movie.  Taking place in 2045, the real world is awful, so everyone lives in ‘virtual reality’…basically a video game containing the biggest “Easter Egg’ of all time.  An Easter Egg is a hidden treasure inside of a game.  The person who finds this one will gain riches beyond belief.  Good guys and bad guys battle for this ‘egg’.  Great computer graphics and a predictable but wholly enjoyable plot make this a fun popcorn movie.  I give it 3-1/2 fat quarters out of 5.


1 comment:

  1. What - no kitty or Cookie updates? AM143

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.