Wednesday, April 4, 2018

new quilt loaded, choice of paperclip quilt

Michael headed out for errands on Tuesday morning (4/3) to the chiro, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Walgreens & CVS, while I headed downstairs.  I started to layout another customer quilt, and spent a bit of time getting it basted and getting the program set up:  















Marge came by after that to pick up her quilt of valor that will be given to her brother.  I liked her 'stretched stars', but wasn't sure I ever wanted to do them.  She said they were a pain in the neck....so I guess I won't ask for that pattern  :~):  


I spent quite a bit of time going through my batiks trying to pull out a coordinating number of them.  Loree is teaching a class next week at Scrap Happy and I want to make sure I have my supplies all pulled together, and everything cut.  Of course I had adorable company while all of this was going on (they play and then they sleep and then they play and then they sleep...what a life!!):  















Before I knew it, it was 6 PM and Michael left to pick up Larry and head to the movies.  I’d had been sewing HST’s throughout the day and spent the evening in front of the boob tube, trimming and pressing them:  


I showed Michael the pattern I want to do with the HST and he really liked it as well.  He is drawing it out for me to sew, since there's no way I could get it right off of the top of my head...I can't wait to start it.

I wanted to show you 2 other pictures that I meant to post awhile ago.  I made this quilt top on the Fiber Floozie retreat last year.  The name of the pattern was Franklin Street (I don't know where they come up with these names that seem to bear NO relation to what the quilt looks like!!!)  Anyway, several months after I made it I was looking in Pinterest and saw a patriotic pattern I really liked.  As I looked at it longer, I said 'hey, that's the Franklin Street pattern'.  I made it in patriotic colors and BG promptly dubbed it the Paperclip quilt...and I think that is much more descriptive.  What surprised me was how completely different I thought it looked in the 2 colorways, and how much more I liked it with a patriotic spin:
















What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I like the fruit loop colored paper clips ! mjnct

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have fooled me that that is the same pattern. What a change of colors will do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "Paperclip" quilt better in the multi colored version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them both because they are each perfectly suited to the recipients. But I think I would be more tempted to try that pattern from seeing the rainbow paperclips.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.