Sunday, April 8, 2018

frustration!!!!

Michael was up early on Saturday (4/7) for golfing, but it was raining hard so he had to go to plan “B”…which was to still make his regular mushroom/swiss/spinach omelet and have a leisurely breakfast before tackling the rest of his day.  First on my agenda was sorting my batik squares into piles of 6 colors for the class:  



Next was getting the fish quilt off of the frame and burying the bobbin ends, ripping out basting and trimming:  



Next up was finishing a small quilt that Diane had started for a granddaughter:  




This should have been a quick and easy no brainer....but it was another afternoon of stitching and ripping and stitching and ripping  :~(.  I have NO IDEA what has suddenly happened that everything I stitch is giving me a bird’s nest on the bottom, but it is VERY frustrating and discouraging.  Anne stopped by for a visit and to bring us a bunch of kitty toys and we had a good time talking.  By 4:30 I had had enough and dove into this wonderful box:  




that BG sent, along with a check for Pat!  THANK YOU BG!!!!!!!  After that I gave up and headed upstairs to relax and read.  Around 6:30 PM I headed back downstairs to make some HST’s in yellow and finally settled with my honey to watch TV and trim and press some of my yellow HST’s for the rest of the evening.

Weight Report - Ethel is at 2 pounds 6 ounces and Lucy is at 2 pounds 8 ounces.



1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.