Monday, April 23, 2018

Sunday breakfast, Cookie & kitties, new butterfly for convergence


Look how pretty my Cookie baby sits:


















as my honey made us 2 smurfy breakfasts on Sunday morning (4/22), an egg/cheese/toast/spinach open faced for me: 


and 2 gas housers for him (which he always likes to do when we have really fresh bread):  


After we ate breakfast, I headed downstairs to do a little embroidery, while Michael headed out to the golf range.  He corresponds with several golfers on line and one of them is a teaching pro in Florida.  This guy asked Michael to send him some videos so that he might give Michael some tips on his swing….so that was this morning’s project!!  

I’m trying to make the 2 small butterflies for the convergence quilt.  June S (a machine embroidery friend) did a bit of digitizing on a pattern for me, which I attempted to stitch out last night….but my stabilizer wasn’t thick enough, and on the 5th color (out of 10)  my machine tried to eat the embroidery:  


So, I re-hooped more stabilizer and started all over again:  




I also got all of my bobbins wound and kicked off the quilting on the second QoV on the frame:  


Michael spent a good bit of time downstairs with me, so we had company that slept away the afternoon.  


ok mom, I'll keep an eye on these guys for you!


By the time we got ready to leave around 4 PM, the first butterfly was finished:


















I only had 2 rows to go on my quilt...and I got another 5 blocks of HST's done for the Hunter's Star quilt:


to join the growing pile of ones that need trimmed and pressed:


We headed out to Edee’s for a wine tasting, and saw lots of theatre friends there.  It was a different kind of tasting than we have gone to before...for this one you sign up for bottles of wine to be delivered directly to your home.  Michael and I don't drink enough wine to do that, so we just socialized, nibbled and drank a few samples.  We were home by 6:30 PM and had 2 ears of corn on the cob for dinner before settling in front of the TV.  I got another stack of HST's trimmed before totally relaxing.

Two so so videos...I SWEAR they were battling each other and the minute I pressed the 'record' button they stopped:


And here's a better one of them wrestling on their tree:



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Such a great pic of Cookie - the second one! Worthy of framing or a portrait! And that first butterfly is gorgeous. Think it is bigger than it will be on the quilt but absolutely beautiful! AM143

    ReplyDelete
  2. new butterfly is drop dead GORGEOUS !!!! mjnct

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.