Thursday, April 5, 2018

Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Pam & Lucy

I was up at 6 AM on Wednesday morning (4/4).  Michael had a hankering for my Cinnamon Coffee Cake (which he calls ‘drakes cakes on steroids’ for you northerners) and I got everything measured out on Tuesday night.  I hopped up in the morning and it took me less time to put everything together than it did to pre-heat the oven  :~).  I slid that in to bake and headed downstairs to run through all of my computer stuff.  When it came out of the oven 


the house smelled heavenly and Michael ran a piece down for Paula & Doug 


before we sat down ourselves and devoured it!!  


I thought it tasted extra delicious, but Michael thought that was because it has been so long since we’ve had it.  After that I headed downstairs to start quilting.  I was so happy and so looking forward to polishing off the customer quilt on my frame.  I got my bobbins wound and the machine all threaded up and kicked it off on the first row.  I got distracted right at the beginning, and so didn’t check my tension underneath until the row was about 75% of the way done….you can tell where this is going right?  Ten minutes of stitching and then 4 hours of ripping!!!!  I have over 3,000 stitches to rip out and I didn’t even get all of the ripping done before Pam came in the late afternoon for some help with her knitting (thank goodness!!!) and to make a new friend:  




She stayed and talked for an hour or so and I just couldn’t face any more ripping after that, so Michael and I had pizza for dinner and then watched TV together while I worked on trimming & pressing more HST’s:  


I forgot to show you the pretty towel Pat brought as a hostess gift on Easter:

She is forever finding new things to embroider on towels!


And here's your daily dose of cute...a qick video of Lucy & Ethel being silly:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.