Friday, September 1, 2017

Show & Tell at SHQ

No golfing for my honey on Thursday (8/31) as we woke up to a steady, gentle rain.  I worked on my computer for a bit and got 2 labels stitched out before heading to quilting.  I got my crayon quilts trimmed and all of my binding made, so I was a happy camper by the time I came home at 1 PM.  We had amazing show and tell this week (but don’t we really have that EVERY week???):  

Mary Ann

Chris said she just cut a bunch of triangles and topstitched them on:


And Jeanne made just the cutest wall hanging:


isn't this adorable!?


















More beautiful quilts:



love this border!!





























One more look at my quilt for Beds = Dreams...can you tell?  I just LOVE rainbow quilts:



And June once again making something beautiful out of nothing (everyone else's scraps!!)


I have to include this....my friend Arizona Mary saw placemats to order in a catalogue, and she figured she could figure out a similar pattern and whip them up (Leila, I KNOW you'll love them):

aren't they wonderful?!

I stayed for lunch at quilting, then hit the library on the way home to pick up a mountain of books…some for me and some for others  :~).  Shortly after I got home the rain started up again in earnest….and Michael and I couldn’t resist…we headed out to the lanair with our books and spent the rest of the afternoon reading and listening to the steady sound of the rain.  We had tortellinis with homemade sauce (from my own garden tomatoes last year) for dinner and I sewed for a couple of hours on my crayon bindings afterwards before joining my honey in front of the boob tube.


Stash Report – well my fellow quilters….there’s good news and bad news.  August brought both the FOUST sale, and great free yards of fabric at Thursday quilting adding up to 33-1/2 yards of fabric purchased/given.  But I HAVE sewn a bit.  With my new patriotic rail fence, and Tuscan and 2 crayon quilts, I have sewn 28-1/4 yards.  For the month I am in a deficit position, but year-to-date I am 17-1/4 yards to the good…slowly clawing my way back to black (for you accounting folks)…..so I’ll take it  :~). 

1 comment:

  1. WOW - you're good to include FREE fabric in your stash
    report ! (mj in ct) Thanks for sharing all the photos !!! It's like a mini quilt show once a week !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.