Wednesday, September 13, 2017

reading on the lanair, last pinwheel color, new ironing board cover, BOBOLI pizza

I ran over to Pat’s Tuesday morning (9/12) to buy a yard of white-on-white.  I had decided that since most of my projects are more in the cream range, I would stop buying a bolt of white-on-white fabric at FOUST.  Unfortunately, I forgot about my block of the month which I’ve already been completing with stark white, so I may have to revise my thinking.  The yard I bought will be used to finish my last color on the pinwheels.  Michael took off for the chiro’s, too late for me to catch him to say that they weren’t open until 11 AM today  :~(.  But once he got home, he spent the rest of the morning like this:  


















In the afternoon he started working on recovering my second table top ironing board (gotta get ready for the Fiber Floozie retreat....only 4 weeks away!!!):  


and Joanne & Larry came down to deliver new padding and to admire the lanair.  I finished up my last color of pinwheels: 


just about the same time my honey finished up my new ironing board (don’t you just love a man with a big tool  :~):  


I managed to start sewing my pinwheel blocks into rows


before heading upstairs to make a BOBOLI pizza for dinner.  I spread it with leftover pesto:  


then added HUGE, 1/2 inch thick slices of yummy tomatoes our neighbor Joe brought back from the beach: 


then slices of mozzarella:  














It was YUMMY!  Larry picked up Michael for the movies (HIT MAN BODYGUARD), but not before he made popcorn so that Paula and I could eat it while watching LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS.  We both read the book and loved it and have been waiting to see the movie for a long time.  I finally got the DVD from the library and we had a wonderful evening together.  We finished close to 10 PM and Paula ran me to the store to buy a birthday balloon for (movie going) Larry.  By the time we got back Michael was home, so Michael and I snuck over to Larry’s house and left the helium balloon on his front porch.  We decided to do some lanair sitting when we got home and finally went to bed after 11 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.