Saturday, September 23, 2017

Michael and Cookie took off for a walk Friday morning (9/22) while I got my blog out and then sent out minutes for Thursday quilting and Machine Embroidery.  It felt good to get those paperwork chores off of my plate  :~).  By then I felt like my stock on the lanair had cooked enough (I put all of the shrimp shells plus some lobster shells I got from a friend into my small crockpot, covered all with water and let it cook on low on the lanair for 16 hours), so I got that strained and into the freezer.  I have had a SOUP NAZI (any Seinfeld fans out there?) recipe for Lobster Bisque for YEARS that I have wanted to try.  I finally got the stock made for it  :~).  When I was working in Rockefeller Center I actually ate at the SOUP NAZI several times and it was pretty accurately depicted by Seinfeld…and the soup WAS out of this world.  After that my honey made me breakfast while I set up the program for Sandy F’s quilt.  I didn’t get to stitch it out however, because new friends Kathy & Tom arrived for a visit.  Kathy called me last night because she heard I was a weaver.  They’ve been living here a couple of weeks and I invited them over to tour our basement (they have an unfinished one and she was looking for ideas of how to set it up) and the 4 of us had a wonderful time talking.  After they left Sandy D stopped by to drop off a new quilt, and Sandy F stopped by to bring a second quilt.  I spent what was left of the afternoon starting to stitch out on the quilt I loaded Friday night…at least until 5:30 when we got cleaned up, had a quick dinner and headed out to work concessions at Fort Mill Playhouse.  We were home shortly after 9 PM and read for just a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.