Friday, September 29, 2017

Retreat Day at Scrap Happy Quilters

We were up super early on Thursday (9/28)…my honey packed the car and I left for retreat at Scrap Happy Quilters!!!!  What can I say….I got home at 4:30 from a FAB-U-LOUS day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It could NOT possibly have been any better.  The breakfast food was incredible:  

jam/cheese log with lots and lots of raspberry jam - not a crumb was left!!





















Our goodie bags were wonderful, filled with a fat quarter, thimble, needles and magnet holder and I'm sure other things I'm not remembering:  


There was chocolate at our table places first thing in the morning, along with a quilters prayer:



I made name tags for the group several weeks ago:



But then Mary Ann & Jeanne really gussied them up:


We had tables set up for eating with beautiful fall decorations:





It took us no time at all to get set up:














And we dived into our projects.  Of course we had our regular show and tell:









pink & gray...one of my favorites

I loved them all, but especially this gorgeous batik from Loree:



We stopped for pizza at lunch (and a dessert buffet that was insane)!:


















We had raffle prizes throughout the day:


It was just an unbelievably magical day.   I know I’ve mentioned in the past that last December a group of quilters broke off to form their own group…and that since that time, people in our current group have come up to me and Loree (and maybe others) and said how nice quilting has been this year.  This is the first retreat we have had without the quilters who broke off and you could really tell what a difference it made  :~).  It's good to have separate groups when people have different ideologies.  So many people LOVE this group and it is so nice to go to…truly is the high point of my week and of many others (so we have been told).  

I put my feet up and read for over an hour when I got home, then got a teeny tiny spurt of energy and headed to my studio to do a bit of work in cutting out more projects for retreat...picture tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. WOW - looks like a wonderful time ! MJ in CT

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can see why you love it so!!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.