Friday, September 15, 2017

SHQ show & tell, Diane H

Michael left before 7:30 AM for golf on Thursday (9/14) and I left for quilting just after 9 AM.  I decided to get my Valor quilts off of the frame and work on that at quilting and I was very pleased to get both of them trimmed, with the basting ripped out and the bobbin ends sewn in.  As always, we had lots of nice show & tell: 

Jerri, with a scrabble quilt of her grandkid's names:















And a beautiful card her creative granddaughter made her for mother's day:


June with another mile-a-minute scrap quilt:



















Marge, with her free motion embellishment...they are gorgeous:














Susie, with another stunning hand-did creation:


Joan, with another example of panels she is making for her church fair:


And Gee's very first EVER quilt:


Michael got home within 10 minutes of me in the afternoon and we decided to head out to the lanair to read our books.  I had a really hard time concentrating due to some very sad news I had received.  Diane H, a former member of Thursday quilting and friend from SCCL died totally unexpectedly while she was visiting her very first great-granddaughter in Pennsylvania.  I just kept thinking about her….it is still unbelievable.  Diane was a very high energy person…always finding something to do.  She was a prolific quilter and not that long ago got her own 5 foot long, longarm and was turning out baby quilts for friends and neighbors.  She made a red & white quilt for the Fort Mill Playhouse auction last year that was finally bought after a fierce bidding war.  She and her hubby Tom were both square dancers and she was always asking when Michael and I were coming back.  She also seemed to be the glue that held all of her family together, both here and in Pennsylvania.  I know she will be missed by many people in Sun City…once we can all accept the fact that she is really gone.  

silly me & Diane

Tom & Diane




























Michael and I had leftovers for dinner and I tried to sew for a bit in the early evening (tried being the operative word in that sentence :~), before finally coming upstairs to veg on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Diane. (MJ in CT)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.