Sunday, September 3, 2017

Cookie & Pat, borders on Tuscan, 2nd crayon quilt totally finished

It was breakfast out on the lanair Saturday morning (9/2) 


before my honey ran off to play golf here at SCCL.  I headed downstairs, determined to finish off another UFO.  I worked on the binding of the second crayon quilt while Pat finished off her THIRD quilt !!!!!!    Remember…this woman is NOT a quilter (by her own admission… certainly not mine  :~).  She had an avid admirer the entire time:

I'll just stay right here and stare at her

ooo - ooo she's looking at me

hmmm - she's still working, but I'm not going anywhere

ooo - she's looking over here again!!!
































































By then it was 11 AM and I was starving, so I headed upstairs to make myself an omelet and talk to Pat.  She left after I was done and I read my book for just a bit before heading back to the studio.  I’m reading a series of what I would call light murder mysteries….with a knitting theme.  The books are by Maggie Sefton and there are 15 books in this series.  I order them from the library a book or 2 at a time and am slowly working my way through them.   When I’m done I’ve been passing them on to Loree…I think she is enjoying them as well.  I dropped back to Tuscan and got the borders all on...I wish the picture didn't show those golds as quite so bright, they really don't stand out as much in person as they do in this picture: 



By then my honey was home from golf…semi-happy with his score of 88.   And I was feeling very antsy and totally understood why….I’d almost finished 3 UFO’s (the rainbow disappearing pinwheel and 2 crayon quilts), wasn’t it time to try/start something new?  I stalled myself by changing this:  


into this:  


I use these selvage balls for lots of things, but my ultimate goal is to weave outside rugs out of them.  Then I spent a productive 45 minutes going from this: 


to this: 


And figuring out what my next embroidery project would be.  By then it was late so I headed upstairs to snuggle with my honey and get the label done on the second crayon quilt:  


I did a different quilt stitch & different color on the second one
























YAY – 3 UFO’s totally done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.