Monday, September 25, 2017

80 rolls for Cooking Fingers, Sandy F's quilt done, pancakes

My honey had breakfast on the lanair Sunday morning (9/24)


before picking new flowers from the garden:  


















I love zinnias…they bloom for a long time, in lots of different colors and styles, and as cut flowers they last a long time too  :~).  My morning was spent in the kitchen, making 80 yeast rolls for the second monthly meeting of Cooking Fingers:  

action shot of measuring while talking on phone!



waiting to go in the oven



done....YAY!

Since I had the oven on, and since I had some leftover filling for the baklava cups, I got those baked as well:


These will be given away as a thank you to someone, sometime this week.  
After that I plopped in the living room with my book and relaxed for a couple of hours.  I finally got a bit more motivation and headed downstairs to make the binding for the pinwheel quilt: 


and to weave in bobbin ends, rip out basting and trim Sandy F’s quilt….I LOVE it, those stars really POP:


I got another review on the pancakes from Mary Ann:  light, fluffly, delish!


Michael left at 5 PM to try out for a play in Pineville called ‘4 weddings and an Elvis.  We’ll have to wait until Wednesday to see if he got a part.  But when he got home, we had another one of those 'out of this world experiences.  At 8:30 PM, we walked outside and met our other neighbors watching the INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION fly by overhead…it was thrilling!  The ISS looks like an incredibly bright, fast-moving star.  It has no flashing lights…it seemingly just glides across the sky.  It moves like the wind (17,150 miles per hour, or about 5 miles a second) and it was all over in 4 minutes.  That's the second time we've seen it....WAY cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.