Saturday, September 9, 2017

Cookie, last 3 fish, new pinwheel color, Evelyn & Phil, Susan & Joe

So….people here are acting totally crazy about hurricane IRMA.  Now, maybe I will be sorry and all of these people are being smart, but the grocery shelves are BARE!!!  I have to bake 60 desserts for the “chocolate event” a week from tomorrow and my honey went out to WALMART at 8 AM Friday morning (9/8) to buy supplies for that (I was afraid if I waited until next week there wouldn’t be anything).  Well…I am already TOO LATE!!!  Michael called me every 5 minutes to tell me something else on my list was not available.  At this point I have no idea what I am doing about my desserts….guess I’ll just have to have a ‘wait and see’ attitude.  But as it turns out, my honey went to 3 different stores and found everything I needed (at higher prices, but after all, at least I have what I need!!!)  

After I got my blog out (always at least an hour long timeframe when I have a lot of pictures), I cut new fabric for the next color in my rainbow and started to sew it up.  My embroidery machine was going as well…finishing up the last 2 fish:  



Michael got home from errands, had breakfast on the lanair, then headed out to walk Cookie.  He spent time on his computer after that while I was sewing, so of course Cookie came down to join us:















By the time we left for dinner at Evelyn & Phil’s, I had the remaining fish done:  


At quilting on Thursday I was commiserating with Floy about the design packs we have bought.  I think 12 designs have MUCH MUCH better layout possibilities for the Clinton quilts I am making, but the packs seem to only have 10 designs in most of them.  I just don’t get as good a layout with 10 designs as I would with 12  :~(.

I also completed 6 more paper pinwheel blocks:  



AND I had a bit of extra time, so I whipped out an embroidered, monogrammed card for a host/hostess gift (their last name starts with "E"): 



I really boobed it at the beginning of dinner....I thought we were supposed to be there at 5:30 PM....turns out it was 5 PM...oops!  Luckily our hosts were very gracious:

Evelyn & my silly honey

Phil

As were the other guests:

Susan & Joe

We had a wonderful dinner of London Broil from the grill, green beans and salad 


and played Mexican Train for the rest of the evening.


I have to tell you…I got another comment on the pancake recipe from my friend Carolyn: '‘This recipe is amazing.  The pancakes turned out so light and fluffy.   They were excellent - both Bob and I enjoyed them and will be making them again.  I think for our company coming in October.‘'  :~)

And, I got a WONDERFUL and unexpected package the other day.  Do you remember this picture from when we visited Corinne to buy $5 batiks?


She collects Fiesta Ware and has almost all of the salt/pepper shaker colors.  I asked my friends if they thought she would notice if the teal colored ones disappeared as we were leaving  :~).  A few days after Mary Jo left for home...these arrived at our door:


Aren't they just the most adorable things???  They'll look perfect on our kitchen table...a gift from Mary Jo and Chuck...I LOVE them  :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.