Friday, September 22, 2017

flowers, SHQ show & tell, new customer quilt

Michael had a late tee time on Thursday (9/21) so he was still eating breakfast when I left for quilting (and he had time to pack everything in the car for me  :~).  We are also still getting the occasional blooms from our garden, which he picked as well:


















I got all of my blocks sewn into rows at quilting, plus started to put together the rows…WHOO HOO…you know what that means???  New project coming soon  :~).  As usual there was beautiful show and tell.  

Denise made this adorable quilt with a pattern from Floy:


Mary made a beautiful star quilt:


June completed several ornaments after the class last week:


Sandy D continues to use up her scraps:


















Plus she started to put together some of those 'cats as veggies'...I think this was broc-cat-li:



















and maybe this was eggplant-purr-mesan:


Loree also finished quilting one of Sandy's charity quilts:


And lunch was a HOOT!  I was laughing so hard I was crying (and I wasn’t alone).  I got home at 2:30 after a quick stop at the library, and the plan was to head downstairs to finish loading Sandy F’s quilt.  Of course you know what happened???  You saw the ‘quick stop at the library’ a sentence or 2 ago…right?  So, yes….I started to read one of my books and couldn’t put it down.  Michael came home and after showering, we sautéed shrimp in a little butter, a little olive oil and a glug of Dry Sack to go on top of a salad (after what seemed like 2 hours to peel and clean it), 


Add caption




























and I finally made it downstairs at 7:30.  I got Sandy F’s quilt all loaded and basted:














before heading back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.