Monday, September 18, 2017

Sweet Charity Night, Sunday breakfast, Cookie, quilt books cleaned

Pat W sent me some pictures from the Sweet Charity Event at the Lake House Saturday night.  She said it was very nice and I am SO GLAD because that means I don't have to feel guilty about not chairing it this year  :~):



















Michael and Cookie went for a walk Sunday morning (9/17) while I cleaned up some of my baking dishes from the desserts from yesterday.  Michael asked if we could have waffles for breakfast, so I put together the overnight batter last night after we got home from the playhouse, and he fried up some bacon this morning and voila: 















Of course some people were waiting patiently for something....ANYTHING...to fall to the floor:


I eventually made it downstairs and got all of the fish fabric cut: 



to go with my 30 blocks of sea life embroideries.  I don’t know if I’m going to sew on this right away, or if it will be a Fiber Floozie retreat project, since retreat is just a tiny bit more than THREE WEEKS AWAY!!!!!  I wasn’t feeling particularly motivated by anything else in my sewing room and decided to search for the last quilting book I bought (over a year ago) for some inspiration.  Well, this book was previously lost for 6 months, and I guess it is lost again because I couldn’t find it in my quilt books pile.  That’s the bad news….the good news?  I decided to go through all of my quilting books, and I managed to sort out 13 quilting books and 2 sewing books that I felt I didn’t need to own anymore.  


Janice and I had a quick SKYPE session to see if she wanted any of them.  Now, if I could just get my other shelves as empty as the bottom one 















I would be doing well  :~):  

still needs a lot of work...right?
After that I decided that I don't have to be productive ALL OF THE TIME, so I headed upstairs and read for the rest of the afternoon  :~).  

I was watching the weather channel for a minute a couple of weeks ago and they had a song on that I recognized, but I couldn’t remember what it was.  Eventually I remembered some of the words, and googled to find out where it came from.  It is a beautiful song (yes, I ordered it and it is already on my IPOD) and it was from the movie SAME TIME NEXT YEAR.  I decided that was the perfect movie for a date night with my honey, so that’s what we watched Sunday night while snuggled up on the couch.  I was very lucky the library had it, and that the DVD was perfect for being that old.  For anyone in the area....you should take it out and watch it again...it was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.