Wednesday, September 20, 2017

new quilt fabric, Paula, Amanda & Harley

Tuesday morning (9/19) Michael had a quick breakfast and then was out the door for the dentist, Triple A, Viking Store (to drop off my embroidery machine, boo hoo  :~( Lowe’s & Publix).  I worked on my blog for quite awhile before heading upstairs to have breakfast.  I spent a bit of time starting to cut fabric for a new quilt top (probably for retreat): 


before leaving at 10:15 for a lifestyle meeting up at the Lodge.  The meeting lasted until 12:30 (and it was our next-to-the-last one....YAY!!!) and I came home and had a bit of lunch before calling Paula.  She came down with her fabric for her first Quilt of Valor and got it all cut out.  


It was nice to have a chance to sit and talk for a bit afterwards.  I continued to work on my 1/2 square triangles (trimming & pressing open): 


for the rest of the day and finally finished them up in the evening:  


I can make nine 4 by 4 blocks out of these leftover 1/2 square triangles so that’s what I’m going to do…and it will be the start of another Clinton quilt.  Michael and I had leftovers for dinner, then he left to pick up Larry to see AMERICAN ASSASSIN while I stayed home and watched a PBS series I taped some time ago.  It was called REMEMBER ME and I thought it was going to be a regular British-type show I’ve watched in the past….but oh no…it was a creepy, supernatural thing that I should never have been watching….IN THE BASEMENT….while Michael wasn’t home!!!  It creeped me out!!!

I'm finally remembering to show you this picture...you know I made a quilt for Jan's first great-grandchild and I was thrilled when it was the only quilt at the shower:
Amanda & Harley

Apparently the other side of the family are big time quilters, but for some reason no one made one for the baby, so I was very glad that I made one.   And Amanda & Harley (the prospective parents) have already called me to tell me how thrilled they were with it.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.