Friday, September 8, 2017

Show & Tell and lunch at SHQ, Cookie & Elsie

I had a lot to do Thursday morning (9/7) before quilting, but I managed to get everything done before heading out.  Michael was picked up before 7:30 for golf at Springfield (a course he is not particularly fond of) .  It was 55 degrees when we got up and after going out, I thought Cookie looked adorable, snuggling her nose in a quilt:  














Quilting was wonderful…I finally got back to the my regular Thursday project and I was WAY further along than I had thought…that was a really nice surprise.  Show and Tell was wonderful (as always) 

This will be a wall hanging for Mary Ann's bedroom




















And Pam is almost finished with 2 Valor quilts:



















Floy is going to visit a friend who broke her leg, so she whipped out a small wall hanging to take with her:


She also did this adorable dog quilt (notice the dogs are all trotting to the corners to visit the hydrants):















Floy also did this happy daisy quilt

I like the quilting on this one





























Handworker Susie showed this redwork quilt (I was fascinated by the perfect, curvy, double handstitching going all around the border):


And Jerri made an 'I SPY' quilt and another quilt of leftovers that is VERY creative:


















and since it was the first of the month, our lunch was terrific as well: 








this was the yummiest chicken pot pie

my rolls

A few us stayed WAY late talking, and I didn’t get home until almost 3 PM.  Michael and I sat on the lanair, enjoying the beautiful weather and reading our books, with Michael trying to get pictures of Cookie & Elsie enjoying the great outdoors with us  :~): 


















They always go for the patch of sun, while Michael and I are generally looking for shade.  Sue and Dennis picked us up for dinner and we headed to 521 BBQ and enjoyed brisket, grilled chicken, shredded pork & ribs.  When we got home I headed downstairs for about 1-1/2 hours and got the second set of 3 red pinwheels sewn.  I’m doing 6 of each color for a rainbow quilt…and love this block more and more as I do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.