Wednesday, September 6, 2017

2 new QoV started quilting, pizza, new fish embroideries

Tuesday morning (9/5) was glorious!  I spent an early morning hour on the lanair before officially starting my day…I love how the air feels and how the sky gradually lightens and how the birds start singing…it’s just wonderful :~).  I do some of my best thinking out there and my brain figured out an easier way to sew this block I saw a couple of days ago.  I have always loved pinwheels and I forgot how beautiful I thought that rainbow disappearing pinwheel quilt was until I finally bound it last week and saw it again….so…I fell in love with the ‘paper pinwheel’ 12 inch block from QUILTERSCACHE, 


but I didn’t like the instructions for making it.  I figured out one step that would make it easier to do, but out on the lanair my brain figured out yet another step I should combine.  I made my morning tea and hurried downstairs to finish loading the quilts so that I could work on the new block while they were stitching out.  

first baste finished, second laid out with less than an inch to spare  :~)

starting second baste

basting all done, I'm ready to begin quilting

Michael was out walking Cookie while I basted and when he got home I asked him to check my calendar……The 9th Annual Fiber Floozie Retreat is only FIVE WEEKS AWAY!!!!!  I am already SO NOT READY  :~).  

I finished getting the quilts all basted, set up the program, wound my bobbins and kicked them off.  I'm using the star quilting stitch, at least on the first quilt:


I'm using gold thread, but not sure that is showing up
























I believe I am all done with the name tags I embroidered, so I also spent time loading up a new CUTE SEA LIFE design and stitching it out.  


I wanted to start the new block, but told myself I should be mature about it and instead should make the bindings for both quilts on Miss Scarlett, but between keeping Miss Scarlett going and the embroidery machine, I really didn’t have time for anything else!! I am still HOT to do this new block, but guess it will have to wait.  My wonderful honey left at 11 AM with a errand list that was longer than my arm (Pier 1, CVS, grocery for fruit, Triple A to look into an eclipse cruise!!!, Joann’s for blue fleece, movies to buy tickets for THE WRATH OF KHAN next Sunday, PAPA MURPHY’S, and I think a few other places I’ve forgotten) and didn’t get back home until 3 PM  By then I had 4 rows of my first quilt done, and two embroideries.  I continued to work just a bit until our early dinner of pizza, 



after which Michael took off to pick up Larry for the movies (WIND RIVER) and I headed back downstairs to be productive.  I finished off my third embroidery: 


and just have one more fish (3 copies) to be done and I will have all 30 embroideries for 3 more Clinton quilts.  I continued to quilt on the Valor quilt as well, but wasn’t quite finished by the time Michael was home and we headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.