Tuesday, September 19, 2017

breakfast with Sally, Show & Tell at Machine Embroidery

Someone came to visit me while I was out on the lanair early Monday morning (9/18) and stayed even after I left:  




I had put together this jam/cheese log Sunday night to rise in the fridge overnight:


and put it over hot water Monday morning to get it to rise a bit quicker before going over to Sally’s early to bake it.  

that's homemade peach jam on top

I was glad to have a chance to make it as I will be making 2 of these next week for our retreat at Scrap Happy Quilting and it's been a LONG time since I made it last.  It was another wonderful breakfast…

a yummy egg casserole

we started at 9 AM and finally left just after NOON.   

hostess Sally & Ann Mary

Ginny & Gale
























I made a quick stop at home to drop off the leftovers of my jam/cheese log and to pack up quilts for Show & Tell before hitting the bank and ending up at the Lake House for Machine Embroidery at 1 PM.  We had a wonderful meeting…Jeanette demo’ed how to do a lettuce edge collar on t-shirts, 




and as always, the show and tell was wonderful.

Pat did a towel (a gift for a friend) and her shirt:


















Sandy finished a towel for autumn:


One of our newer members did this as her first effort....WOW:


Jeanette did a bunch of towel toppers:


Penny did a pomegranite towel and some really cute doll clothes:




She's also going to a mini-gathering of 10 people from her graduating class and decided to do vintage bags for each person:


love me some Nancy Drew!!!


















Barbara M has a granddaughter who is currently working as a graphic artist, but she loves pen & ink drawings as well.  Barbara brought some to show and I think they are SPECTACULAR!!!  On the first one with all of the books, there are titles of books she has read on each and every one!!! (Please click on these pictures to make them bigger and to note the detail!)




this is a self portrait

















The rest of these pictures are all Cathy, all the time....

















































June stopped by for awhile around dinnertime.  She is doing another picture piecing project and was hoping Michael could add some shadows to her line drawing.  After they were done we sat out on the lanair for a bit until June took off to go to square dancing up at our Lake House  :~).  

I am slowly working my way through 144 1/2 square triangles created by my paper pinwheels quilt….for once I thought I’d trim them all to the same size before trying to sew together  :~):  I headed upstairs at 8:30 to veg in front of the TV.

2 comments:

  1. What is a towel topper? All of the embroidery is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaving after noon for breakfast! That sounds like brunch. Also the pen and ink drawings are beautiful, are those embroidered or on paper?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.