Monday, September 4, 2017

sandwich & banana bread, champagne & puffy things

Michael & Cookie took off for a walk, while I made tea and headed downstairs to get my blog out on Sunday morning (9/3).  After that I headed back upstairs to get sandwich bread dough made 




the magic of yeast!!!  I LOVE yeast!!!

























along with banana bread (why have the oven on for just one thing) while Michael ran to the grocery store.  We sent our extra 1/2 a loaf of bread over to Gale & Phil,



and 2 small loaves of banana bread to Bob & Marge and Jan:  


By the time I made it downstairs it was early afternoon and I was really looking forward to spending the afternoon sewing.


I promised a friend I would make some name tags for her, so my embroidery machine was going all afternoon.  I have 2 patriotic UFO’s…one top is completely done, but the other needed the final row plus a border, so that’s what I worked on until 6 PM.  Michael and I had already decided that we hadn’t had champagne and puffy things in a long time….so that’s how our evening began:  


First up were mushrooms, stuffed with cheese & artichokes:  


And next were these crescent ham/cheese/apple roll-ups:  




We watched the movie AIRPLANE (what a silly, silly movie) and were in bed just before 11 PM.  It was a wonderful day :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.