Wednesday, September 27, 2017

new quilt loaded, new flowers, a clean desk (for one of us!)

Michael and Cookie went for a walk Tuesday morning (9/26) while I got my blog out and had a nice conversation with BG.  We are TWO WEEKS AWAY from the Fiber Floozie Retreat….WHOO HOO!!!!!  Once he was home, I’m sure you can guess what Michael did:  

breakfast on the lanair

he wanted a close up of his breakfast
























You know it’s funny, I got to see Beth yesterday at Cooking Fingers…I haven’t seen her in forever because I haven’t been going to Stitch & Chat…I don’t get to see Carolyn or Nancy A or Barb W (we DID get to talk after Cooking Fingers…YAY) or Joanne either :~(… and we were talking about our lives and how we do the same things every day.  I mentioned that sometimes it is really hard to write my Christmas newsletter because we do the same things over and over again…which I’m sure sounds really boring to read to most people.  BUT, we also talked about how we love our lives because we are retired and are lucky enough to get to do what we truly LOVE over and over again every day :~).  Michael and I still marvel over the fact that this is our life now…and how terrific it is. 


After breakfast, Michael picked some late blooming cherry tomatoes 


and more zinnias:  


so I now have a bunch in my sewing room and he walked the yellow bunch down to our neighbors Evelyn & Phil.  We also had another beautiful rose coming out:


















which he picked and surprised me with in my studio  :~).  He also spent a sweaty hour working on our big blue pot in the front.  Those canna lilies totally re-seeded themselves and took over….so he went from this:  



to this:  



We still couldn’t get one big root system out (that root was at least 1-1/2 inches in diameter and we kept hacking away at it, but it was too hard to crack), so we’re going to try to cover the pot and hope that things rot over the winter so that it can be replanted.  What with one thing and another, I didn’t get downstairs until the early afternoon when Paula stopped by for a few hints on adding her border and also to buy a bit of fabric for her next Valor quilt.  After that I got Sandy F’s second quilt all loaded and basted: 














and started working on the program for quilting.  That took me over an hour as I couldn’t get the density to be what I wanted, but finally it was done and I wound my bobbins and started stitching out:  


Michael and I have both been having some issues with our computers, so he set up an appointment with Matt (computer fixer extraordinaire) and decided to clean off his desk before Matt came.  

before....

after....

before....

after....

before....

after....









































































Of course...it was my idea.....but my desk is still a disaster  ~sigh~.  Maybe this is finally the year I make a resolution about my desk....we'll see.  

I made a chicken sausage/tomato/spinach stir fry for dinner, after which I continued to quilt for a bit and got a third of the way done on Sandy’s quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the clean desk ! Is he available for hire ??!! MJ in CT

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.