Sunday, September 24, 2017

chicken w/ mushroom gravy, paper pinwheel top finished

Michael left for golf here at SCCL before 8 AM on Saturday (9/23), while I headed downstairs (moving very slowly for some reason).  First up was firing up Miss Scarlett to finish off Sandy F’s first quilt.  I love the pattern on it:   


While that was stitching out, I worked on cutting the borders and binding for the paper pinwheel top. 


(Well – I worked on and off…I may have gotten sucked into Pinterest and YOUTUBE here and there…after all, one can’t have too many quilt patterns…can one???  :~).  I read a  lot of my book in the afternoon, but finally finished Sandy’s quilting just before dinner:    


Yes, that green piece of tape shows that my bobbin thread ran out within inches of completing the last row  :~(.  Michael came home in the late afternoon, pleased with his score of 85 and his birdie on the last hole.  I had chicken thawing out for dinner that was originally supposed to be grilled, but in my perusal of Pinterest I found a recipe for chicken with mushroom gravy, so decided on that instead (Mary Jo – note new dinner recipe for September!!!)  




It was outstanding….the gravy was so yummy, served with brown rice and butternut squash.  I headed back to my studio after dinner and finally got the borders sewn on the pinwheel quilt….I think they really finish it nicely:  


After that it was back upstairs to watch another episode of THE PLANETS.  This is a series on the Science Channel and it is really interesting.    

One more pic, our rose is opening beautifully:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.