Thursday, September 7, 2017

breakfast on the lanair, yoghurt, new blocks, new fish

We were supposed to get rain overnight, but when I got up Wednesday (9/6) the ground was dry although it was very overcast.    I managed to get 2 rows of quilting done before SKYPE-ing with Janice at 9 AM.  We talked until almost 10:30, and by then I was starving, so I headed upstairs to make breakfast, and eat out on the lanair with my honey.  


Everyone got in on the action out there:

Cookie

Elsie

























I talked to Michael about the movie he saw and he said WIND RIVER was tense, exciting, and a good story.  He said it was a complex story of a family and how they deal with loss.  When he told me more of the details I was glad I hadn’t seen it, but glad he liked it!  We sat out there for quite awhile reading as it was cool and beautiful.  After that I put together yoghurt for Michael (I made it overnight in the crockpot) 




before heading back to the studio to get 15 yards of binding made. (Sorry for the blur....not quite sure what happened here).  


I fired up Miss Scarlett yet again, then I hauled out red and white fabric to start my newest block  :~)!!!  I am very excited about this block.  The original directions I believe have you doing 19 seams to make this block…I got it down to 11!!!!  Eight less seams per block is a pretty good improvement when I’m doing 35 blocks, not to mention, increasing my chances of having a more accurate block.  I also had to match only ONE seam in my block…another victory for accuracy.  By dinner time I had finished quilting the first loaded quilt: 


and had also finished my first 3 red blocks:   

I love these!

I made sloppy joes for dinner, 


and headed to my studio to sew for just an hour or so more and completed another fish embroidery: 


before finally relaxing with knitting in front of the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.