Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Convergence top done, new patriotic center together, MMR!!

Michael left for the chiro early Tuesday morning (1/30) while I left my babies basking in the sun: 


and headed to my studio to continue working on several things.  First up was finally finishing the quilting on the second men’s quilt:  


I didn’t immediately load up the third quilt because I have to think about whether I will have any room to quilt once 5 yards of fleece and batting are rolled onto the back roller.  Next up was getting the borders on my convergence quilt:  


















I want to do a lot of embellishment on this quilt, so I need to get it quilted before I can work on that.  My honey came home from the chiro and running a bunch of errands and tried on his sweater….OMG!!!!  Thank God, it is fixed.  I asked him to put his hand where the sleeves came to before I worked on it (of course the body was way too tight and way too short as well):  


I can’t believe that really worked, but I am so very grateful it is fixed (thanks for the hair conditioner Paula!!!!!)  He headed right back out to have lunch at MAXWELL’S with a bunch of his buddies while I worked on another four 16 patch blocks out of my HST.  I now have 12 blocks for the center of another quilt:  


Michael left to pick up Larry at 6:30 to see THE HOSTILES and I continued to sew and got all of those patriotic blocks sewn together. 


**********MMR (Michael's Movie Reviews***********

HOSTILES: the new western, written & directed by Scott Cooper, is aptly titled.  Taking place in 1892 in Arizona, Colorado and Montana, everything  is hostile.  The environment, the native Americans, the US Cavalry, fur trappers and cattle barons all play a part.  Violence is everywhere and yet so is angst over how all people are being treated.  Sweeping vistas and  Christian Bale's soulful musings however, cannot save this slow moving tale of the conflict of 'cowboys vs Indians'.  This movie is no DANCING WITH WOLVES.  Only 2 fat quarters out of 5.

*****************
Books!

So, I was watching one of those ‘mysteries & murders’ on the Hallmark channel the other week and the murderer was leaving clues from mystery books.  I got the book they referenced from the library, which was a Hercule Poirot mystery MURDER IN 3 ACTS and polished that off.  It was so delightful to read again (kind of like meeting with an old friend that you haven’t seen in years, but you fall right back into talking like no time at all has passed….and it’s so comfortable) that I decided to make my way once again through all of the Miss Marple books.  So far I’ve finished THE MURDER AT THE VICARAGE and THE BODY IN THE LIBRARY and they were just as satisfying as when I read them before….2 down…I think there are 11 more to go  :~).


1 comment:

  1. WOW- Michael’s sweater looks fantastic! So glad that worked - good trick to know!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.