Sunday, January 28, 2018

patriotic paperclip moving along, Cookie & Elsie

Michael was up early for golf on Saturday (1/27), and I stayed out of his way in the kitchen by running my emails and getting my blog out.  I decided I wanted to finish up my retreat project at home.  I got all of my blocks made and sewn into rows at retreat and just needed to sew the rows together.  It shouldn’t make a difference doing that part on a different machine, so that was first on my agenda.  I LOVE this new pattern:   


I will definitely be making more of these.  I took a 2 hour break at 11 AM (and when I headed upstairs, this was going on): 














and headed up to the Lake House to drop off electronic recycling, to the library and to the hair dresser.  I had set my newly washed hair on rollers in the morning and knew it would never dry by the evening….so I sat under their hair dryers for about an hour.  When I finally got home I spent time on a second set of ‘stars’ in blue from my HST (I love the secondary diagonal pattern it creates):  


I had soup for a quick early dinner and Michael and I set off at 5:30 for the FMCP auction.  What a wild night!  I was really nervous and it was FABULOUS to look out into the audience and see people I knew.  It was over before I knew it and Michael and I came home and collapsed with our books for about an hour before bed.

It’s time for another:

**************MMR************  (Michael’s Movie Reviews)


Michael and Larry went to see THE POST on Wednesday night.  There is no ‘fake news’ in this movie  :~).  An excellent historic re-telling of the publishing of THE PENTAGON PAPERS in the early 70’s.  Excellent acting by Meryl Streep & Tom Hanks with just the right amount of suspense.  Michael didn’t realize that THE POST was just a small paper at the time this happened, but has now become a large paper and a force to be reckoned with.  At the time, the decision to publish was literally life and death for the paper, depending on which way the Supreme Court ruled.  Michael gives it 4 out of 5 fat quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.