Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Cookie & Elsie, breakfast at Sally's, FPF top done!

My honey left at 8:30 AM on Monday (1/8) heading to the dentist to get his cavities taken care of, while Ann Mary & Ginny picked me up to head on over to Sally’s for our monthly breakfast.  When I came upstairs to go to breakfast….this was going on:  



look at those little paws...kneading
And no wonder….since we were both leaving the house early we never turned up the heat, hence the snuggling :~).  Breakfast was wonderful as usual…lots of good food 



and lots of talking; 

Sally

Ann Mary & Gale

Ginny
and we even got Christmas presents:


I got home before NOON and beat my honey by just a few minutes.  I got caught up on my emails, then headed to my machine to put final borders on the FPF:  


After that I kicked off Miss Scarlett to finish up my fish quilt….unfortunately, on the very first row my machine suddenly went dead  :~(.  I put in a call to the software people, and they called me back within 1/2 an hour.  I finally turned off just the sewing machine, and turned it back on and that seemed to fix the problem….but I just HATE when stuff like that happens…it’s weird. Anyway, by the time we left at 4:30 to pick up Gale & Phil for dinner, the quilting was done:  


And I had a label stitched out for the quilt on my to-be-bound pile:


We were home before 7 PM and I got the ham stock strained and put it back to be refrigerated (it had been cooking out on the lanair overnight) before heading downstairs.  I sewed together backing for my FPF….and while ironing noticed a HUGE mark on it….why oh why couldn’t I have seen that when I was taking it off the bolt?!?!?  Oh well, into the washing machine it went, pre-treated and with fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.