Thursday, February 1, 2018

star quilt top done, Michael as a boy

I SKYPE’d with Janice Wednesday morning (1/31), then got my blog out and had some breakfast.  What with one thing and another (like packaging up yoghurt which had been fermenting in the crockpot overnight):  




I didn’t get back to sewing until NOON.  First up was putting borders on the patriotic star quilt (I know it looks black, but it's not.  It's a very dark blue with tiny red/white stars on it that I also used in several of the blocks):  


Michael left at 1 PM for an ART IN THE CITY club meeting where they were learning caricatures. When he came home, he indicated that the instructor picked him to do a caricature of:  

Truly, it looks exactly like the picture of Michael as a small boy that I have on my dresser!  After that I thought I might cut those colorful strata I made a few days ago, but I didn’t have the right sized ruler, so I spent a good bit of time perusing my quilting patterns to pick out something new.  Paula had Doug drop off a ruler for the evening, so I got everything cut out:  


We had crab stuffed fish with broccoli & baked potatoes for dinner, then Michael left for rehearsal at 6 PM.  He was home just after 9:30 PM and I was beat so I headed to bed.

Stash Report – Well, the news is all good for the beginning of 2018.  I have used 33-1/4 yards in January (a truly astonishing figure to me!), while I have only bought 6 yards (the brown fleece for the 3 men’s quilts), so my net is in the black with 27-1/4 yards.  Next Monday is the Foust warehouse sale and I have a LONG list of fabric I want to buy….so I’m sure I’ll have to sew like the wind to get back in the black again maybe by the end of March….stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.