Monday, January 8, 2018

FPF together, Valentine's card, new quilting started

We had a lazy start to our day on Sunday (1/7) and I wasn’t in my studio until 11 AM.  First up…sewing together all of my panels:  


Once that was done I got a good measurement and discovered I definitely need a border, so I worked on that next…I got all of my border strips cut and pieced 


as well as all of my binding strips:  


I think the black is going to be a beautiful frame for all of those colors....I'm glad I saw the frame on Leila's.  

Fort Mill Community Playhouse is having their kick-off meeting and auction at the end of the month, so I spent a bit of time in the afternoon finding things to donate to the auction:


Since it will take place just a couple of weeks before Valentine's Day, I thought an embroidered Valentine's card might be a big hit, so I stitched out 3 of them:


In case you live near me and would like to purchase one of these for your sweetie...please give me a call!!!

I stepped back after that to get a quilt loaded up...I only had a 2 yard piece of backing, so I'm just doing one quilt this time:  














I figured out the pattern (I wanted it to look like bubbles) and got that started stitching out:  


I got our ham bone all picked and into the crockpot while Michael was eating dinner and he left at 5 PM for rehearsal.  I continued to quilt until he got home at 9 PM, and I just need to complete 4 more rows….YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.