Tuesday, January 30, 2018

convergence borders

I was up at 6:45 AM on Monday (1/29) to be ready when Paula picked me up at 8:10.  We headed to Lancaster to try to find the trial for a guy who was charged with property damage here in SCCL.  Paula and I were already scheduled to go out to lunch on Monday, but we decided to make a longer day of it!  So, we get to the ‘big court’ (that’s what they call it) and find out that that is not where it is happening and they send us to the Magistrate Court.  We go there and sit for 1-1/2 hours before we find out that the defendant did not show, the defense lawyer did not show and the case is being continued, but they couldn’t tell us when it would be re-scheduled!!  We head back to the first court to find out when court is actually in session….I feel very sorry for victims of crimes because finding out anything is very difficult, not to mention things really seem to happen in a haphazard way.  It reminded me of decades ago when someone broke into my house.  I never could find out when the trial was or what happened!!!  Oh well…we asked the court guys where to eat and they directed us to a great burger place called SAMBO’S on 903.  I got home at 12:30 PM , only to find out that I shrunk Michael’s good wool sweater – a beloved souvenir from Scotland -  by accidentally putting it through the washer and dryer  :~(.   So, Paula gave me some hair conditioner and I worked on the sweater.  We’ll have to wait ‘til tomorrow to see if it really worked.  I did a little quilting in the afternoon and also started to cut borders for my convergence quilt:  


















Michael left for rehearsal at 6 PM, taking all of the Swedish Almond Bars with him.  When he came home at 10 he said they fell upon them like ravening dogs!!!  And they sent a million thank yous my way….so THANK YOU SUSIE  :~).


So, I have to crab just a little.  Joann’s has been sending me multiple emails about buying things on line and having them shipped to the store…which means FREE SHIPPING.  In the last 3 weeks they have had 2 sales on the kind of fleece I like.  The price was 50% off, plus an additional 20% off coupon.  I tried ordering the 6 yards of brown fleece.  I got an email that part of my order was in, but not all of it….what?!?!?!  When I called and talked to the store, the manager indicated that they had 4-1/3 yards.  Well, since I’m using it all as one big piece for a quilt backing, that didn’t really work for me.  He talked me into another brand of fleece and I headed up to the store and bought that.  So far…buying on line for pick-up in store is a bust.  Then, a few days ago the same sale comes up.  I need blue fleece for a new project I am working on.  I go through the same rigmarole….and when I order my 8 yards of blue fleece (I know there are 8 yards on a full bolt), the internet indicates that 10 yards are available.  I wait 3 days, and suddenly get another email saying my order was cancelled as what I wanted was not available…..what!?!??!  So, from my perspective, this ‘order on line pick up in store’ doesn’t work at all.  So…they need to quit sending me those emails!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you haven't sewn those borders on yet. I think you need to rearrange them.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.