Saturday, January 27, 2018

this & that, another Quilt of Valor presentation

I was moving very slowly Friday morning (1/26) and by the time I got my emails and a few phone calls out of the way….I ended up starting my blog entry at 10 AM!!  I finished up around 11 AM and headed upstairs to eat something as I was STARVING!!  Unfortunately, unlike Wednesday & Thursday….I didn’t have an army of women making me delectable treats  :~).  After a bowl of Sausage Soup I finally made it back to my studio to start my sewing day around NOON.  I got my 10 stratas all sewn together for a new quilt: 


but still need to make the pinwheels to go with them.  I finally started quilting on the second men’s quilt:  


And I found a HST star that I like for all of the HST I have been making.  It is a 16 patch, so I will use 12 in one of my quilts and then add a border:  


I spent the evening watching TV with my honey and reclaiming some aqua heart fabric from my recently quilted Four Patch Frenzy.



I’ve gotten some pictures over the last few days that I am finally getting a chance to show you.  BG has started her Four Patch Frenzy….wonder why I LOVE it so much?  




















So that’s 4 people down (Leila, Janice, Deb and BG) and 3 (June, Mary Jo and Pat ) to go  :~)…although I have heard from MJ that she has started her 4 patches for the FPF!!!

Also, another one of my Quilts of Valor has been given out.   Don Martin was celebrating his 91st birthday with friends and relatives at the corner of  160 and US 521. The surprise party and the quilt presentation caught Don and his wife totally unexpectedly. In excess of 20 people were there for the event. He was extremely pleased with receiving a quilt as was his wife. 




Don graduated from high school in Detroit, MI in May of 1945 and immediately volunteered to join the U.S. Army. He was a part of the 8th Army Division and was sent over to the Pacific Theater to help finalize the victory over the Japanese enemy which was not finalized until early 1946. Obviously, he was just an 18 year old kid putting his life at risk at that time.He and his wife live just over the state line in Marvin, NC.

1 comment:

  1. BG's FPF looks pretty in those colors. It looks different every time. What are your new strata going to be?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.