Sunday, January 14, 2018

Elsie & Cookie, Vortex quilting done, bread & cookies

My honey was up and out to the golf course Saturday morning (1/13), but before he left he checked his emails....so we had this:














After that I buckled down to finish off several things.  First up was kicking off Miss Scarlett to continue quilting on Vortex.  Next I started cutting strips for borders.  A couple of weeks back I was using up leftover fabric to make some men’s quilt tops for our Prayers & Squares donations.  I ran out of fabric that matched on the 3rd quilt (the deer panel center) and Loree took that home to see what she had.  She brought me a dark green and a dark brown that we both thought would work, so I wanted to get that done and out of the way.  By the time Michael came home from golfing at 3 PM…I had put 2 borders on the deer center:  


I had finished quilting Vortex:  


And I finished up some 1/2 square triangles from a previous project:


I headed upstairs to get dough going for sandwich bread as we have none in the house, and decided to just stay there and read my book until the bread was totally done.  














We ran the extra 1/2 a loaf down to our new neighbors who moved in over the holidays.  I also wanted to make some cookies to send back in the chicken soup container (delivered by Ann Mary & Jim when I was sick), so I pulled out a new recipe from BG and got to work.  Even without my saying anything, Michael said he really liked the texture of the cookies…crispy on the outside and soft and chewy inside….YUM!  


We spent the evening eating popcorn and watching THIS IS SPINAL TAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.