Friday, January 26, 2018

Scrap Happy Quilters 2 day retreat

‘Stick a fork in me….I’m done!!’   I said as I came through the door on Thursday (1/25) after our 2 day retreat at Scrap Happy Quilters.  I had a FABULOUS time….and I think everyone else did too  :~).  It started at 8:30 AM Wednesday morning as the Fellowship Hall was opened and the people responsible for breakfast and setting up the hall wandered in.  Breakfast was awesome: 
















and afterwards everyone sat down and got busy….




we sewed until our 1:30 lunch: 










then continued sewing until 4:30 when we all headed home.  Of course we still had show and tell:





















I was totally pooped when we got home and thought I’d spend the evening not moving…but after Michael left for rehearsal June and I headed downstairs.  June decided to stay overnight at our house as she lives 45 minutes to an hour away.  Having each other to talk to must have given us both a second wind because we worked all evening.  I made 64 HST’s and June ironed them all for me.  Thursday morning (1/25) we were up and out of the house early to have the church opened by 8:15 AM and it was another full day of sewing…






Floy did a demo for us each day

and of course eating:  






I must admit, when I came home on Thursday afternoon I didn’t move much.  I plopped on my chair and read and napped until Michael left at 6 PM for rehearsal.  I guess I got a second wind again because I sewed from the time he left until 10 PM when he got home (pictures tomorrow).  It was a fabulous 2 day retreat and most (if not all) of the participants can’t wait to do it again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.