Monday, January 22, 2018

Elsie & Cookie, Pat & Andi

I ran to the store Sunday morning (1/21), then got Barb W’s Sausage Soup in the crockpot before SKYPE-ing with BG.  She will be here in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS for the Foust sale…..YAYAYAY!!!  When we finished it was almost 1 PM and I was STARVING….so I headed upstairs for a quick ham & pickle sandwich before starting to cut out fabric.  Michael was on his computer while I was cutting, so there was snuggling going on:  














I pulled out all of my remaining red & blue fabrics and cut my 10 inch squares to be made into HST:  


Then I decided I had better cut another project or 2 for our 2 day retreat this week for Scrap Happy Quilters!!!!  Anything I don’t use, I can take to the QUAP (remember….Quilt-a-holics…and Pat) retreat at the beginning of March; I know it will be here before I know it.  I only got one additional quilt cut out: 


before it was time to add pasta to my soup and I decided to stay upstairs and bake the biscuits as well.  Our lanair got up to 71 degrees and Michael spent a bit of time out there just before our very early dinner.  We ate at 4:30 (he said the soup was EXCELLENT…thx Barb!) and he left at 5 PM for rehearsal.  I picked up Paula and ran up to CVS to pick up a prescription, then Paula and I sat in her driveway in the golf cart and talked and talked!  I finally headed home and made an ice box cake for dessert on Monday night.  I will be hosting Martini Night and wanted to get that out of the way so it could chill for a long time.  In the afternoon, Michael grilled chicken for my soup on Monday night as well.  Even though I was really tired after making the cake, I headed downstairs figuring I could polish off the sewing portion of some HST’s before Michael got home.














I have great pictures from friends today!  Inez sent her contribution as well as a table of food from her Saturday Art Club Party.  The first pic is what she made and brought to the party.

yep - that's my jam/cheese log!

yummy!!






























And Pat’s daughter Andi is visiting for a few days:  


They did a topiary class together….aren’t they beautiful?


1 comment:

  1. You should take part in a contest for one of the bbest websites onn the web.
    I will rewcommend this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.