Thursday, January 18, 2018

Snow!, FPF quilting done, convergence started

So, this was the scene outside our window Wednesday morning (1/17):  




The snow started before 9 AM and continued throughout the day.  I SKYPE-ed with Janice in the morning, and after that fired up Miss Scarlett, set up a program, wound my bobbins and went to town on my Four Patch Frenzy:  














While that was stitching out, I cut out my 4 fat quarters to start a Convergence Quilt, and read the directions yet again:  


I think I may have talked about this before…I’ve agreed to donate a quilted wall hanging to a STEM (science/technology/engineering/math) fund raiser at Indian Land Middle School in June.  I want to get it done and out of the way long before it is needed, so I’m starting it now.  Although I only got started in my studio around NOON, by 6:30 when I headed upstairs, my FPF was totally quilted:  


and I am supposedly 1/2 way through the center of my convergence quilt:




It's amazing what I can actually get done when I'm not watching TV  :~).

Michael spent a lot of time in the afternoon putting together paddles for the upcoming auction for Fort Mill Theatre:  


I have agreed to be the auctioneer and am beginning to get really nervous about it.  It is Saturday night next week and I'm really hoping to see a lot of my friends there to give me courage!!  

Michael’s movie night got cancelled due to the weather (the theatre was closed), so we decided to have date night at home.  We didn’t open any champagne, but did have puffy things for dinner: 


and then made popcorn to watch Despicable Me.  I defy anyone to watch a movie with those minions and not laugh….TOO FUNNY!!!  While we were watching the movie, I got 32 half square triangles all trimmed and pressed.  I made them using Floy’s directions for 8-at-a-time triangles and they worked really well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.